ATTENTION CERTIFICATE HOLDERS - CAMTC has created a brand new website. All certificate holders will need to click here to register in order to complete an online application for recertification. Remember that you are eligible to apply for recertification up to 90-days prior to your expiration date.
For certificate holders who are not due to recertify, you will need to register in order to access your account. Please note, that all account information is currently under construction. All certificate holders will receive an email once they are able to login and view their status. In the meantime, please contact our customer service department with any questions at (916) 669-5336.
Certificate Holders may apply for recertification 90-days prior to their expiration date. As a courtesy, CAMTC may send notification to you, by email and regular mail, reminding you of the need to recertify. Please make sure that you have updated your contact information, including primary email address, within 30 days of any changes to ensure that you receive a reminder of your need to recertify. It is your responsibility, as a certificate holder, to submit a fully completed application for recertification and ensure that it is received by CAMTC before the expiration date listed on your certificate. Reminder notifications may be sent to you as a courtesy only, and failure to receive a reminder notification does not waive your responsibility to submit a fully completed application for recertification and ensure that it is received before your current certificate expires.
Certificate Holders who have submitted a complete application for recertification that is received and approved at least 60-days before expiration, with no background issues, will have a new certificate and ID card mailed by date of expiration. Please notify CAMTC if your certificate mailing has not reached you within 30-days of the mailing.
The two-year recertification fee is $150.00. Failure to submit a fully completed application for recertification that is received by CAMTC before your certificate expires will result in a late fee of $25 - $90 if the application for recertification is received by CAMTC within six months of your certificate expiring. If a fully completed application for recertification is not received by CAMTC within six months of your certificate expiring, you will be required to apply for certification as a new applicant, and you will have to meet all of the requirements for certification that exist at the time your application is received. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES CAN THIS LATE FEE OR POLICY BE WAIVED.
If you experience any problems during registration or login, please contact CAMTC for assistance at (916) 669-5336.
Procedures for denial of certification or discipline/revocation are outlined in the document below:
PROCEDURES FOR DENIAL OF CERTIFICATION OR DISCIPLINE/REVOCATION
CRITERIA FOR PROOF OF REHABILITATION IS OUTLINED IN THE DOCUMENT BELOW:
LIMITED TIME RECERTIFICATION
EXPIRED CERTIFICATE HOLDERS - YOU CAN STILL RECERTIFY!
No additional education or exam required.
As of July 1, 2016, CAMTC has instituted a new one-time policy for a very limited time only (until June 30, 2017), allowing past certificate holders (CMPs and CMTs) who expired on or after January 1 of 2013 to re-certify more than six months after the expiration of their certificates, as long as they meet the following requirements.
Who Does This Policy Apply to?
- This policy only applies to those who were previously certified by CAMTC as a CMP or a CMT. It does not apply to those who were previously certified as a CCMP when their certificate expired.
- This policy only applies to those whose certificates have been expired for more than six months and whose certificates expired on or after January 1 of 2013. It does not apply to former certificate holders whose certificates expired before January 1, 2013.
- This policy only applies to certificate holders whose certificates were in good standing at the time of expiration. It does not apply to those who have had their CAMTC certificate revoked or nullified or to those whose certificates were suspended at the time of expiration. It does not apply to past certificate holders who have applied for recertification or certification and had their application for recertification or certification denied.
How Long Will This Second Chance Policy Be in Effect?
- This policy will only be in effect for the limited time period of July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. (PST).
What Are the Requirements That Must Be Met In Order For This Policy to Apply?
- Applicants must have been certified by CAMTC as a CMP or a CMT and had a certificate that was in good standing when it expired (not suspended, revoked, or nullified, or application denied).
- CMP or CMT certificate must have been expired for more than six months and certificate must have expired on or after January 1 of 2013.
- CAMTC must RECEIVE all of the following on or after July 1, 2016 and by or before 11:59 p.m. (PST) on June 30, 2017 (a postmark date will not suffice) in order for this policy to apply:
- A completely filled out Limited Application for Recertification and all supporting documents;
- All fees have been paid; and
- A new Livescan must be performed and submitted.
Please note, CAMTC recommends that the application and all supporting documents be mailed well in advance of the June 30, 2017 cut off date, as June 30, 2017 is the last date that documents must be received in order for this policy to apply, regardless of the date documents were post-marked or mailed.
- The following fees apply to this Limited Application for Recertification:
- All regular application fees, including but not limited to the $150 fee for the application; and
- An additional $125 late fee.
- Applications received pursuant to this policy will be processed in accordance with CAMTC's standard operating procedures for applications for recertification. This policy only allows for the late receipt of applications for recertification and has no bearing on whether the application received will be approved or denied.